As a Data Scientist, a typical day to include the following:
· Define requirements for new enterprise statistical solutions and hand off requirements documents to Data Engineers and Data Architect for the team to deliver.
· Act as a consultant with customers ( both internal and external) to identify, create and deliver statistical solutions; solving known and undiscovered business problems progressing through diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive statistics.
· Partner with the Data Architect and Data Engineers to build the optimal advance analytics tools and self-service capabilities for the business unit in order to generate net new organic revenue work.
· Assist in creating an automated and scalable environment that enables your audience to discover their own insight using self-service business intelligence tools; enabling our colleagues to show up as consultants with advisory data and insights.
· Work within the team’s Agile development environment.
· Utilize R and SQL server to deliver repeatable enterprise statistical solutions
· Develop automated statistical models built for scaled deployment
· Broad understanding of statistical theory and application
· Statistical tools ( R, R Studio, SQL Server R Services, SSMS )
· ELT development skills. Advanced T-SQL to support data collection, cleaning and validation.
· Advanced visualization training tools: Tableau, MS Power BI and others as they become available.
· Preferred Skills:
· Database exposure
· Query Tuning Ability
· SQL Procedure Development,
· Polybase Queries
· Microsoft DAX
· Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark andor other distributed processing tool skills
· Ability to adapt and communicate in a changing environment