What Are We Looking For?
Supply Chain EDI Specialist
What Will You Do?
Supply Chain EDI Specialist will be responsible for Supply Chain’s involvement in the implementation and continued support of the EDI transactions between vendors and supply chain. This person would be the resource to handle error resolution and functional failure/remediation of EDI related production issues. Acts as a liaison between end-users and the technology staff implementing EDI based applications
What Skills Do You Need?
- Maintains and supports EDI services in Supply Chain
- Applies EDI knowledge in the analysis, design and support of Supply Chain systems and applications
- Monitors daily electronic transactions
- Management of vendors for onboarding and continued EDI use
- Interface with vendors and internal groups around EDI setup and long-term use
- Material/Part number creation and maintenance, with a working understanding of how group and class relate to finance
- Standards around how purchase orders should be set up in an ERP system and understanding by both the supply chain group and vendor around lines vs releases
- Full understanding of “cradle-to-grave” supply chain functions and purchase flow design experience
- 5-7 years’ experience in Supply Chain with experience in multiple areas of the procure-to-pay process, such as Materials Demand Management, Purchasing, Accounts Payable, and Receiving
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in EDI Supply Chain purchasing
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in bulk/just-in-time materials buying, or bulk/just-in-time materials demand planning, with some rail and trucking logistics experience
- Previous EDI implementation experience desired
- ERP experience with SAP or Oracle