Return To Jobs
Apply For Job
Laser Electronics Engineer
- Fulltime Job Responsibilities:
We are looking for a highly motivated engineer specializing in high quality Laser drive and control electronics. Direct experience should include high power laser diode drivers and PID control loops for APC. This position requires an individual with the ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team, to complete required designs and to cooperate with other Engineers on the team as needed to accomplish tasks. The chosen candidate will work closely with Systems/Mechanical/Electrical Engineers, Laser Technicians and Program Managers to develop new products, engineer product enhancements and provide technical support for fielded systems and support of Laser Manufacturing.
- Will own all laser electronics development across all projects and products inside the laser team.
- Will manage the laser electronics product life cycle from prototype to initial rate production and eventually high rate, low-cost production.
- Supporting system integration and testing of laser electronics into the final product.
- Experience working with Manufacturing Organizations to complete builds of boards.
- Support component specifications for critical items which may include tolerance determinations, simulations, and test for components.
- Designing, writing and assist in performing engineering validation and verification experiments and tests.
Nice to Have:
- Qualified candidates must have a BS degree in Electrical engineering, Photonics, Physics or comparable.
- Expert level knowledge of PSPICE or similar circuit design and modeling software.
- Expert level knowledge of Altium Design or comparable CAD tool, minimum schematic capture and PCB layout knowledge.
- Direct design experience with high power laser diode drivers.
- MS, PhD in Electrical Engineering, Electro-Optics, Physics, or Laser Physics.
- Experience with high power lasers & amplifier systems.