Return To Jobs
Apply For Job
Corporate Accounting Manager (Denver, CO)
- Contract to hire Job Responsibilities:
- Manage the daily operations and monthly close cycles of the team.
- Oversight of 3 - 4 staff members
- Lead certain integration and system implementation workflows as it pertains to assigned functional areas.
- Ensure timely execution and quality of internal controls operation.
- Provide supporting documentation for external filings.
- Establish and monitor key performance indicators to ensure indicators are being met or exceeded.
- Conduct performance reviews and professional development initiatives for staff assigned to your team.
- Collaborate with other stakeholders to make process improvements to help make the team more efficient.
- Utilize reporting tools to monitor financial results as it pertains to areas of oversight.
- Responsible for the quality and timeliness of account reconciliations.
- Work with internal and external auditors to support audit requirements and timely external reporting/filing.
- Create standard operating procedures and documentation for GL processes.
- Champion the Westminster location efforts to become the central location for corporate accounting and certain shared services functions.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA strongly preferred
- 6-8 years of relevant work experience, Big 4 experience a plus
- SAP, BPC, or Onestream experience a plus
- Ability to proactively identify issues, provide solutions, supervise a team to deadlines, and be a self-starter
- Open and inquiring mindset for process improvements
- Excellent Word and Excel skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and organizational skills required
- Strong analytic ability
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Works collaboratively across boundaries-departments, functions, geography
- A strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and work with limited supervision and within tight deadlines
- An eagerness to learn and take on challenges in a dynamic environment; must be a team player
- US Citizen