Return To Jobs
Apply For Job
Mechanical Drafter/Designer (Denver, CO)
- Fulltime Razor Technical Staffing is seeking a Mechanical Drafter/Designer for a client in the Denver market. This position is specific to the design and drawing of custom manufactured products in an industrial setting. Responsible for the design of company products from concept through final production.
- Industrial Drafter reports directly to Production Engineer.
- Work with design team overseeing quotes and concepts from customers to develop rough initial design for project consideration and pricing.
- Responsible for the 2D layout of Industrial Paint Booths from concept to production.
- Responsible for generating bill of materials for design for production and involved in some production oversight in the factory when needed.
- Communicate with internal staff and external customers about drawing, specifications, and production.
- Factory manufacturing drawings, new parts, as built parts, existing parts as required.
- Maintain / Assist in maintaining drawing log
- Maintain / Assist in maintaining drawing schedule
§ Proficient in software products -- Drafter, AutoCAD, Inventor, 3D, Mechanical Drafting, Layout, CAD, Autodesk Vault and Microsoft Office- Excel, Word, Outlook.
§ Proficient in both AutoCad and Inventor
§ Knowledge of Basic Engineering and Manufacturing principles
§ Knowledge of Industrial and Mechanical engineering terminology and technique
§ Understand various phases of plan review and inspection processes
§ Accurately perform simple engineering computations, including basic algebra, geometry, and trigonometry
§ Experienced with Adobe, Microsoft Excel, and Word
§ Ability to visualize 2D into 3D and translate in to drawing.
§ Communicate orally with other employees; plan holders, and the public by telephone and in a one-to-one, face-to-face setting.
§ Perform simple engineering computations, including basic algebra, geometry, and trigonometry, rapidly and accurately.
§ Read and comprehend simple specifications, plans, and shop drawings.
§ Interpret and make decisions in conformance with established policies and practices.
§ Enter data and information into a terminal, PC, or other keyboard device.
§ Perceive the full range of the color spectrum.
§ Measure distance using calibrated instruments.
§ Understand Imperial and metric measuring systems.
§ Move light objects (less than 20 pounds) short distances (20 feet or less).
§ Remain in a standing position for extended periods of time.
§ Authorized to work in the United States.
Candidates will be required to test with Inventor system.