What We Are Looking For?
Desktop Applications Architect
What Will You Do?
We are looking for a C# desktop applications architect with years of experience removing architectural limitations from existing applications. All custom code written in WinForm and C#. App still works for 80% of needs but complicated jobs it slows down. Need someone to look at the code, come up with ideas on how to improve performance and do the work to make the app more performant. Need someone with tons of Desktop Architect experience.
- Provide application architectural consulting expertise, direction, and assistance to Technical Analysts, Application Engineers, Senior Database analysts and other Systems Architects.
- Collaborate with end users and senior management to define business requirements for complex systems development and gain buy-in for all infrastructure plans.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to junior members of the technical team.
- Provide hands on coding between 40 % - 60% depending on the size of the project.
- Document and develop in-depth knowledge of assigned domain architecture, hardware and network infrastructure, and technology portfolio.
- Develop, document, make recommendations, and communicate plans for investing in application infrastructure, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
- Overall technical implementation and quality of assigned projects and technical domain.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS or Business Administration.
What Skills Do You Need?
- Minimum of eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience building high quality applications by creating a well designed architecture, writing clean code and implementing common industry practices (e.g. continuous integration, unit tests).
- Ability to mentor and lead other technical team members without having direct supervision responsibility.
- A background successfully delivering applications using agile methods and collaborating with non-technical team members including quality assurance, business analysts, and project managers.
- Candidate should have professionally developed applications with WinForms and C#.