What Are We Looking For?
Channel Marketing Assistant
What Will You Do?
This position is responsible for coordinating the distribution and utilization of marketing communication materials and programs/campaigns among intermediary sales staff to support the company’s distribution efforts. This position will act as an advocate for channel initiatives and support the marketing teams with collateral development for servicing these clients. Responsible for tactical execution and delivery of client and content-specific collateral, materials, multimedia, and other support tools. Initiatives include web & email marketing, webcasts, printed collateral, presentations, direct mail, newsletters, pitch books, workflow management, etc.
- Support the development and implementation of marketing content which provides value-added benefits to clients, including CE programs, whitepapers, webcasts, and product updates.
- Support Intermediary sales efforts in creating and maintaining direct mail and email campaigns which promote thought leadership and investment product. Work closely with marketing, design, digital, compliance, and sales to manage distribution and appropriate expectations for each initiative.
- Be an enthusiastic advocate and represent the interests of our company, its platforms, clients and advisors, their goals and needs, and proactively improve their client experience.
- Work in close partnership with marketing leadership to ensure internal clients are receiving timely updates of product information, marketing collateral and initiatives.
- Build knowledge of “best marketing practices” by staying informed about marketing efforts of other Janus Henderson distribution channels as well as external marketing efforts employed by competitors.
- Must provide highly disciplined and organized project management, particularly in learning/working with workflow management systems, CRM, Sharepoint and web.
- Use attention to detail to review and manage new materials from inception to distribution with accuracy and efficiency.
- Work with internal and external directors, national account managers and others to ensure marketing initiatives are properly supported and communicate project status effectively.
- Work on departmental projects with guidance from marketing leadership.
- Ensure all materials are submitted to Compliance for review.
What Skills Do You Need?
- Knowledge of communications/marketing strategy and implementation. Proven ability to develop well-written communications that deliver the appropriate messages.
- High energy and ability to generate enthusiasm amongst stakeholders across the organization.
- Proven project management and organizational skills. Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently with limited direction.
- Excellent computer skills including PowerPoint, MS Word, Excel, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to formulate concise and effective communications.
- Ability to resolve complex problems positively and professionally.
- Positive attitude, strong business acumen, and willingness to learn
- Work within a team environment, and provide strong representation for channel(s) interests within the marketing team.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, managing several projects simultaneously and setting priorities