Return To Jobs
Apply For Job
Application Support Administrator
- Contract to hire Job Responsibilities
The Application Support Administrator is responsible for supporting critical operations of the high volume, mission critical production system (Web based UI/API’s, Java services). As a member of the team, you will work with DevOps engineers, Development teams, and IT staff to solve critical application and infrastructure issues while improving customer experience. You will also play a central role in supporting the application as it is migrated and scaled on AWS, and operationalizing a modernized build and deployment pipeline – two strategic initiatives that we expect to transform our organization and change the game in our product market. Specific responsibilities include:
- Investigate and contribute to solving various application issues in production environments.
- Deploy software releases to our Cloud Services platform.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with various technical and non-technical teams.
- Build effective monitoring, alerts, and metrics for production services to maximize uptime.
- Provide configuration management for production applications.
- Proactively analyze and contribute improvements to support and deployment processes.
- Help to enhance and configure our emerging, automated deployment pipeline.
- Work with the development teams to improve system quality.
- Participate in a light on-call rotation.
- Experience using Amazon Web Services with large-scale applications in production environments.
- Linux command line experience, used to investigate and resolve customer-facing software application issues.
- Experience running and debugging Tomcat java services.
- Ability to understand complex/interdependent software systems.
- Enthusiasm for solving interesting problems.
- Strong communicator and a passion to work with others to achieve team goals.
- Strong client focus, business acumen and results orientation.
- Scripting experience using Bash and/or Python.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Existing security clearance or ability to obtain a security clearance required.
- US Citizenship or Permanent Resident.
Other Preferred Experience
- Development and GIT experience a plus.
- Familiarity with Agile development process from build through deployment.
- Postgres or other RDBMS experience a plus.
- General GIS, Imagery, and/or OGC services experience a plus.