- Fulltime - Contract
This position must have an advanced level of knowledge in all technical aspects of designing OSP fiber and broadband services to customers, including the transport medium and equipment required. This position works as a team member with Sales/Marketing, Network Planning, ISP Design and Operations to support the growth, replacements and upgrade of telecommunications plant facilities.
- Provide both field data gathering and design services in support of the outside plant provisioning process.
- Able to determine best construction placement methods based on cost, schedule and physical field conditions. Analyze cost alternatives for multiple solutions.
- Perform pole loading calculations, aerial design, make-ready design and joint-use design.
- Review designs for quality and compliance with specifications, standards, practices and guidelines.
- Manage project budget.
- Meet established schedules.
- Work closely with the sales organization to meet client expectations.
- Provide timely design and cost estimates for all projects.
- Strong telecommunications background including knowledge in infrastructure, equipment and design.
- Eight years equivalent work experience in OSP Engineering.
- Five years directly related to OSP Design work experience.
- Knowledgeable in the use of mechanized tools for designing fiber networks.
- Knowledge of outside plant activities (Fiber Cable Design, Pole Line Construction, Conduit System design).
- Knowledge of High Speed Internet Access and Data Networks.
- Strong math and science skills.
- Analytical and detail oriented.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to learn new technical systems.
- Ability to resolve complex problems following standard practices, using judgment within defined policies and guidelines.
- Capable of managing and prioritizing multiple complex engineering assignments on time and within budget.
- Knowledge of basic Finance and Accounting concepts.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience supporting a Marketing/Sales driven organization.
- Self-motivated, and technically savvy.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is desired.